Sunday, 5 January 2014

16TH DECEMBER 2013



HEY family. How's everyone doing? I hope everyone's doing great and is safe. Up in Calgary. Where's it's freezing. It's so great down here where All I have to worry about is if I may or may not have to wear a sweater that night.
So your guy's weeks sound so great! This week has been amazing. To be honest it was a bit of a slower week than what I had hoped but it was good. My companion Elder Romero has some pretty intense pains this week and so we went to the hospital. He had to go through all this physical tests and go and get blood tests and xrays and stuff and before we knew it, the day was pretty much done. It was super lame. But hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.
We kind of had a sad insident this week. We're teaching a girl who's 17. She's accepted baptism but is struggling with the law of chastity. So me and Elder Romero kind of had the sit down with her and essentially told her that she needs to stop, and if she can't control it, she needs to break up with her boyfriend. Anyways, I think we made her cry which was super depressing, because I hate making people feel guilty. But on the other had this is God's work and his word, and no one's exempt from it. Hopefully everything goes well, pray for her!
We're working with a lot of people right now that are ready to be baptized but either won't for one reason or another or don't have permission from their parents. At times it's kind of frustrating, but it'll be good! We just need prayers so that either these people, or their parents will have soften hearts.
We also had a great experience last night. We got a call from another missionary that served in this area that felt we needed to go visit a family he taught that never got baptized. So we went and they're super amazing. And they want to get baptized. SO. I need also a lot of prayers this week for them too. Because we know we can get these people baptized, we just need to have faith.
Dad! Sounds like you had a great/hectic week! When Elder Bednar came to the leadership meeting did you ask any questions? Any new, mind blowing doctrine? How are the Flames doing by the way? How are the boys at work?  I LOVE going through the scriptures to find these sweet new truths. I started reading JEsus the Christ this week. I've read a lot out of it before, but I wanted to say I've read it cover to cover. It's super good. Jesus Christ is the best. I hope I can be like him more and more everyday. I feel like as I come closer to Him, I find more and more things wrong with me. It's great. I guess that scriptures right that as we humble ourselves, God will show us our weaknesses. Well. I found enough. I just need to finish the scripture and turn them into strengths now. Can't wait to speak to you dad! Hope you had a great week love ya!
Mother! How are you? Hope things are going great! I think that would be so amazing to see Elder Bednar talk right there! That's cool what he said about the Mormon moment. It's great. That's super cool about the transcripts as well. Could you imagine seeing that stuff ? That would be so cool. But the important thing I think is that no matter what, our testimony of the book of Mormon will be always backed up to a wall of faith. You an try and prove it, or rip it apart, but the only way you can know if it's true is by your testimony how how it makes you feel. It's amazing. I love that book. It's super cool and can change lives. That's an awesome thing that you're doing this week for that family. I hope they feel loved. That's super nice. You've always been a great example of having charity. Love you lots mum, hope this week is great! I'll probably speak to you guys at like 2 in the afternoon Sunday? Is that okay? I'll know for sure next week! Love ya!
Charly! That's super awesome! Do that! Go with that pamphlet with him. And take him to seminary! It'll be so cool. You could convert your friend. That's super sweet you guys got to sing songs. Di you sound nice and what did you sing? I hope you got to shake his hand and stuff. He's an awesome man. I loved his talk about tithing and how he called everyone to repentance. It was amazing. How has the rest of your week been? Any plans for Christmas? Hope you're doing great! Love ya!!
Jake! Congrats buddy on the basketball team and the beep test and all that sports and stuff!! I know what you mean about wanting to win. That's a great feeling. The best feeling I have is the feeling I get from pushing myself to the limits and having that feeling of relief at the end of the night knowing I did my best that day. I hope you're doing great. Love you bud!
Izaac and Kenna! Hope you guys are doing great! love you guys so much and Happy Christmas!!!
Well. I best be off family! I love you guys a lot, and hope all goes well for you guys! I'll talk to you guys in like a couple weeks I guess. Or days. Weird. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment