Sunday, 2 March 2014

10 FEBRUARY 2014



Hey family! So I hope you all had a great week! My week was amazing! First of all, my dear friend Johnny got baptized!!! It was great! It was easily one of the most spiritual baptisms ever. We had a sweet week with him, preparing and everything. He was so ready. And it was amazing because I got to baptize him! His family was there which was great. And it was cool because when he came out of the water, the Spirit just like hit him super hard. It was amazing. I'm so happy. All his friends came to, it was just a super spiritual time. I loved it.
I remember the first day I met him, we talked to him on the street. He told us later on that he was having a really rough day that day and was wanting to change and come closer to God. It was sweet how God put us in his path, or He put Johnny in ours. Either way we were all blessed and it was super amazing! I loved it.
This week was super cool too. I spent like a lot of the time trying to teach by the Spirit, because I really suck at that and just like to teach for teaching. So I focused on that. And then we had such a sweet lesson. We're teaching a little kid named Brayan who's nine. The mum isn't a member and is living with a member of the church. And she can't get baptized because of that. But yeah. Usually every time we go over it just ends up a battle ground with the member. And every time we enter I can just feel Satan. It's crazy. But this time we went, and the Spirit just took over and we just started talking about the Atonement of Christ. It was amazing. I definitely have a testimony that when we teach by the Spirit, we can really get to the hearts and needs of those we teach. it was great.
We also had a great new investigator that we met this week named Maria de Jesus. The English elders are teaching her grandson, and so the referred us to her. She's super awesome and is going to get baptized the end of this month. She is great and she wants the Holy ghost so bad. It was amazing meeting her and a real blessing from God.
Transfers are coming up in a couple of weeks. It's kind of a sad time. Most likely I'll stay here, and Romero will move. I don't really know. But it'll be sad because Elder Romero and I have had a lot of success together. But it'll be good to learn from new people too.
Dad! That's awesome that you're still working with Thomas on that! If you want to get him to read, you can use John 5:39 or 2 Nephi 32. And just tell him that Jesus wants us to read so we can have Eternal life. That's awesome! Thomas is a great guy! I'm sorry about the whether. It rained here yesterday.... it was kind of chilly. ;) I hope things will go good with your trip! Have fun and be safe! How are the missionaries in the ward? I hope they're doing good and have a lot of work!That's crazy that you guys have been together so long. I hope you keep it up! If not I'll be mad. But congrats! I love you Dad, you've always been such a great example! Love ya!
Mum! I hope your week was great! I hope you enjoyed the photos. I'd sent more but I'll just save them up for later haha. Julie's great. She's still coming to church and progressing. She just needs the go ahead from president! It's awesome. We're super excited! That's so cute that Izaacs skating and stuff! That would be awesome to see him! Kenna's so funny too! That's awesome that she's already started reading and loving the scriptures. It took me a while to love them, but they're the best things ever. I'm super proud of you mum. You're an awesome teacher. Not only at church but as a mum too. You've done an awesome job! Love ya! Hope your week is amazing!
Peter. Friends off bud. You haven't even written back! So friends off. Just kidding. I hope things are going well at school! I know you're probably super stressed out with school, hope it goes well! Hope you find a girlfriend or something so you can halt being the third wheel ;). Love you bud, you're awesome!

Charly! I heard you're driving! What the heck that's crazy! I hope things are going well you and you haven't hit anyone. Love you tons. No boys!
Jake. Love you man. Heard you're growing like crazy! Too bad you're still a weak little boy. But nice job with sports and having a sweet week. Love you lots bud!
Kenna and Izaac! Hey! hope things are going well with you guys! Super proud you guys are doing awesome and are skating and reading and everything. Love you guys like crazy! Love you guys.
Well, I'm heading off for the week. Hope you guys have a great one! Love you guys like crazy!
ADIOS

No comments:

Post a Comment