Monday, 5 January 2015

8TH DECEMBER 2014



Hey family! Hope you had a great week! 

Mum and Dad! That's so cool you guys are in the dominican! I'm jealous! But I'm glad you're experiencing the same weather I am. Feels nice right? Haha. It's kind of weird around Christmas time how there is no snow! I can't believe it. So everything is done for the wedding? When is the reception again? Hopefully you can send me some pictures. Also. Mum and Dad. I think I'm going to buy a new suit. Hahaha after MLC this week, President came up to me and is like, "Elder Blomfield, I think it's time you bought a new suit" hahaha. I've grown a little taller and broader and chubbier. So in all directions it doesn't fit. I will pay you back. I don't know how much money I have, and obviously I won't buy an expensive suit, just one that will last. But I will pay you back, even if it has to be after I get home. But let me know if that's okay and if i can use the credit card. 

And to the rest of you punks who didn't write, I hope you had a great week too! Especially you Pete! Hope all is well for the wedding! Love you guys!

This week was great! It was kind of busy, but every week is like that haha. I was soooo tired! So we only had two super important meetings to prepare for I believe. We had MLC for all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. So we were at the mission office until like 1am preparing for it. But we're glad it's done. We also had the trainer/trainee meeting to prepare for. That one wasn't as bad. We also had 3 exchanges. So we would get home late some nights.

This week will be busy, but shouldn't be as hectic. We have transfer meetings this week on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. That'll be fun. I get to decide my fate for the next 6 months haha. And then on Wednesday we have an exchange again. This transfer flew by! I'm really gonna miss this area. It's really been great here, we've had tons of success. I'm going to miss the ward a lot, and all those I got to teach. I hope I can keep in contact with everyone after I leave!

So last week we found a lot of new investigators. We found actually a total of nine. That was pretty cool! We found a family called the Solorio family. Two of the kids came to church yesterday - Christian and Karen. I think they felt a little awkward, but we were really happy they came. They're a really cool family. Also we found a new guy called Memo. He's 9, but is the nephew of Martha, our recent convert. Missionaries used to teach his family before. And apparently every Sunday since then he waits by the door for the "Mormons" to come to get him a ride to church, and when they didn't show up, he would cry. He was so happy to see us coming yesterday morning. We're also working with his mum, Claudia. Hopefully all goes well with them, they seem like a super cool family!

Jessica Stewart also came to church this week. She's doing great. She's going to be baptized next week. She has cancer, and is going through surgery on the 15th and will be out of it for a week, but she told us she wants to get baptized the day for it happens. Hopefully she'll be okay. We're hoping that Jacob can baptize her. That's the goal. That's a really cool family! I hope they get sealed in the temple. Every time we go over, or every time we're at church, she makes us cookies. It's great. That's why I've gained so much weight hahaha. 

Josh didn't come to church because he had a big migraine. I hope he's doing okay. He's a great guy.

I've been studying the New Testament a lot lately. A little just in preparation for Christmas to read about His life, but it's awesome to read the miracles and things those apostoles did after the life of Christ. I love it. The scriptures are so powerful. I'm so glad we have them! 

Anyways. I'll let you all go. But have a great week! Love you all to death! I know this church is true. I know our Saviour is real. Keep using Him in your life!
Adios!
Elder Blomfield


No comments:

Post a Comment